Out of the Box Teaching aims to find an effective and enjoyable learning journey for the student.
One of the most powerful ways to promote a student’s confidence in his or her learning is to address issues of self-esteem and self-efficacy.
What is self-esteem?
Self-esteem refers to the students’ self-image and self-worth. If children have the opportunity to appreciate their own uniqueness, their self-esteem is likely to grow.
Children with high self-esteem can develop rich social skills and greater confidence to deal with the different challenges in their lives.
What is self-efficacy?
Self-efficacy is a personal belief that one can accomplish a particular task effectively. Children with a high sense of self-efficacy believe in their capabilities, participate readily in performing an educational task and are more persistent if difficulties arise. They are prepared to perform beneficial learning activities and as a result, success is more probable.
Out of the Box Teaching offers a ‘Building Blocks to Effective Learning Programme’ and focuses on:
- Self-efficacy and goal setting
- Developing concentration and study skills
- Constructive discipline and self discipline
- Dealing with low self-esteem and issues about self image
Building Blocks to Effective Learning Programme promotes creative learning and involves:
- Support in study skills for a particular subject
- Coaching activities
- A number of motivational exercises and games
- Physical exercises that help the learning process and body relaxation activities to manage stress and change
- Elements of art therapy
Parents’ involvement is always welcomed. During our initial session parents can choose the elements, as mentioned above, to create an optimal learning package for their child.